Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 9:47 AMOSDE (OpenSocial Development Environment) is an Eclipse plugin for developing and testing OpenSocial applications.
It's an Apache-2-licensed open-source project hosted at:
Its milestone version 1.0 was released on June 22, 2010.
OSDE provides a rich set of features that both enable and enhance OpenSocial application development. It helps people building for both the client within a gadget, or even on another server using the Java RESTful client libraries. Its features include:
- A built-in Shindig server for local testing.
- An integrated database for storing and managing social data.
- Simple project and gadget code generation wizards to quickly generate your OpenSocial application projects and application code.
- A multi-paned gadget spec editor to facilitate gadget development.
- A new "OpenSocial" Eclipse perspective that provides enhanced editing and debugging with easy access and control of the local Shindig and social database.
- An OpenSocial REST Java client wizard that can quickly generate a new project along with sample code that uses the OpenSocial RESTful Java client library to connect to the local OpenSocial server.
- Live testing against iGoogle server.
- Performance Analysis.
For details of installation and how to use it, please read the user guide at: https://sites.google.com/site/opensocialdevenv/user-guide
For bugs reporting or feature requests, please visit: http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-development-environment/issues/list
Thanks for your support.